We provide an effective puppy school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. Classes are run over a 4 week period in a clean and disinfected environment. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour, learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Advice on toilet training and mouthing.
- Basic veterinary care/nutrition including toxic foods
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Verbal cues: come/sit/drop/stay
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Find out how to protect your puppy against common parasites and diseases.
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about puppy school is to 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behavioural problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. The critical socialisation period for pups is 3-16 weeks of age. It is important that dogs are socialised and exposed to as many positive experiences as possible during this time
Our Puppy School classes are run by our fully qualified Head nurse Belinda who has undergone extensive continuing education courses over her 27 year career including those on animal behaviour. Puppy school is such a great opportunity to socialise and train your puppy whilst having a great deal of fun. Belinda has been successfully running these classes at BHVH for the past 20 years
So start today and call us about enrolling your puppy in our puppy school classes.
Requirements for attending Puppy School
- Puppies must be no older than 14 weeks at commencement of Puppy School.
This is in order to maintain a level playing field for the puppies.
- A maximum of two family members per puppy is permitted due to COVID-19 restrictions, to allow us to meet social distancing requirements.
- Bring the puppy along with a woven lead (not chain) and collar/harness.
- Proof of previous vaccination is required
- Treats/Rewards will be provided
Details of Bass Hill Vet Puppy School
||3pm - 4pm
||731 Hume Highway, Bass Hill
||Full payment required on the first day
||Contact Bass Hill Vet 029724-1927.
Please register early to avoid disappointment